The «Kurgan Region Cluster Development Center» was founded in December 2011 to implement the cluster-based policy of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation: to develop territorial clusters, ensuring the implementation of joint cluster projects and creating the conditions for effective interaction of their participants.
The participants of territorial clusters are small and medium-sized businesses, large “anchor” enterprises, educational and scientific institutions, non-profit and public organizations, public authorities, local governments and investors.
On the basis of the cluster development center, there is a system of consultations and services for cluster participants, focused on providing information services in terms of the entity legislation of the Russian Federation, as well as support for developing and newly created small and medium-sized businesses.
The mission of the center is to increase regional competitiveness by identifying several territorial-industrial clusters with the potential for development.
A cluster is a geographic concentration of interconnected organizations, constantly improving their competitive advantages.
The major objectives of the Cluster Development Center are:
– development and implementation of investment programs and cluster development projects in the Kurgan Region, development of feasibility studies of projects and programs;
– monitoring the state of innovation, scientific, industrial, financial and economic potential of the Kurgan Region clusters and updating their programs;
– development and implementation of joint cluster projects;
– provision of consulting services in the interests of cluster participants;
– assistance to cluster participants in obtaining state support;
– introduction of new products (services) of cluster participants to the market;
– ensuring the participation of small and medium-sized businesses being cluster participants in important industry events at major Russian exhibition venues;
– organization of round tables, conferences in the field of interests of cluster participants